Amazing line-up confirmed for 2014 ASMEX Conference
by AIMEX on 28 Jan 2014
The Australian International Marine Export Group (AIMEX) has today released the Australian Superyacht and Marine Export Industry Conference (ASMEX) programme outlining a high calibre of speakers and covering a broad range of topics to be covered over the two day conference.
Day 1 of 2013 ASMEX Conference AIMEX ©
The ASMEX programme is now available on the Superyacht Australia website along with all other details including registration, accommodation and the social programme.
Key speakers participating in the programme include:
• The Hon Bob Baldwin MP – Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Industry
• Martin Redmayne – Chairman – The Superyacht Report
• Peter Busfield – CEO – NZ Marine
• Erwin Bamps – COO – Gulf Craft
• Katherine Droga – General Manager, Destination Development – Tourism Australia
• Jesus Losada – Latin Yachts Venezuela
• Cathie Burrows – Director, Alliances & Advisors, SME - EFIC
• Carlos Vidueira – Vice President – Rybovich Superyacht Marina & Shipyard
• Mick Kinley – Deputy CEO – AMSA
• Ron Japinga – EVP Merchandising/Planning/Logistics – West Marine USA
• Colin Bransgrove – Executive Officer – Marina Industries Association
• Ian Harrison – Chief Executive – Australian Made
• Farouk Nefzi – Marketing & Brand Director – Feadship
• Laurie Smith – Executive Director – International Operations – Austrade
• John Lu – CEO – Horizon Yachts
• Steven Vidakovic – Global Sales Director – Naiad Dynamics
• Iain Murray – Regatta Director and CEO – America’s Cup Race Management
The programme will also incorporate a commercial stream organised by the Queensland government focusing on what is happening in the commercial defence sector, providing an overview of current and future naval projects and the importance of this sector to Queensland and Australia.
The ASMEX Conference is the only platform providing opportunities for industry to gain up to date information on the state of the marine export and superyacht industry and where it is believed future business will come from. The conference will be held at the 5 star Intercontinental Hotel at Sanctuary Cove, Queensland, runs over 2 days, 20-21 May and includes a welcome function and the prestigious 2014 Australian Marine Export and Superyacht Awards Gala Dinner.
The conference is conveniently organised to be held immediately prior to the Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show ensuring maximum opportunity for all key industry exhibitors and stakeholders to attend.
Support of this key industry conference has again been outstanding with industry realising the opportunity for brand profile alongside this event. Pantaenius Yacht Insurance has maintained their support of the conference. The Gold Coast City Council will again hold an Innovation Showcase for GCCC marine industry businesses to showcase their products over the period of the conference.
MTU Detroit Diesel, the Australian Maritime Safety Authority, Muir Winches, Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show and the Department of Industry are supporting sponsors of the conference and Australian Made, the Export Finance Insurance Corporation (EFIC), VEEM Ltd, the Queensland Government, Naiad Dynamics, Aqualuma Marine Lighting and VEEM are also supporters of the conference. Media Partners of ASMEX include IBI, Superyacht Business, Ocean Media and Marine Business World.com.
The ASMEX social programme provides significant opportunities for delegates to network with like-minded industry players. The pinnacle of the conference is the announcement of the 2014 Club Marine Australian Marine Industry Export and Superyacht Awards which will occur during the conference Gala Dinner on Tuesday 20th May.
More at www.aimex.asn.au
If you want to link to this article then please use this URL: www.powerboat-world.com/118757