One of the world’s largest and most influential boat shows, the Progressive® Insurance Miami International Boat Show, cruises back to Miami over President’s Day weekend, Feb. 14-18, 2013, offering attendees from around the globe a chance to explore the best of the boating lifestyle, see the industry’s newest brands and models, and shop thousands of boats and marine accessories.
Showcasing more than 3,000 boats and 2,000 companies in three distinct venues, the Miami Boat Show provides something for every boating, fishing, watersports, sailing, diving and travel enthusiast and draws more than 100,000 visitors annually – making it the city’s largest event with an economic impact of nearly one billion dollars per year.
'There’s no better place to enjoy the boating lifestyle than at the Progressive Insurance Miami International Boat Show. This annual boating tradition has something for everyone, whether you’re a serious shopper looking for sales, a techie in need of the newest marine innovations, or a boating enthusiast who wants to further your nautical know-how or simply enjoy some on-water fun,' says Show Manager Cathy Rick-Joule.
From personal watercraft and performance boats to sport fishers and luxury yachts, visitors have the rare opportunity to board and compare boat brands side-by-side at competitive bargains and find exclusive show specials on the newest marine accessories, gifts and electronics. In addition to the vast selection of boats and marine accessories for sale, the five-day event offers an all-access pass to enjoy life on the water.
Each show venue features a variety of interactive activities and education for boaters of all ages and experience levels. Visitors can take the helm during on-water training courses at the show’s two in-water locations, reel in new angling skills at the Big Game Room, and enjoy a free sail ride along Biscayne Bay, plus mingle with boating’s favorite celebrities.
Here’s a roadmap to the 2013 Progressive Insurance Miami International Boat Show:
New Yacht & Power Boat Show at Sea Isle Marina (open 9 am – 6 pm daily)
1635 North Bayshore Drive, Miami
• See and shop hundreds of new power boats in the water, including the largest luxury motor yachts at the show.
• Serious shoppers? Take ‘test drives’ to experience the latest models for sale.
• On-Water Boat Training – Discover Boating puts visitors at the helm with 60-minute and three-hour hands-on skills-building clinics aboard a variety of power boats (presented by the Recreational Powerboating Association). Due to popularity, advance registration is encouraged.
Strictly Sail Miami at Miamarina at Bayside (open 10 am – 6 pm daily)
400 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
• See and shop the newest sailboats from boat builders across the globe, plus nearly 200 booths featuring sailing gear, accessories, and hardware from the industries top suppliers, along with the latest charter information.
• On-Water Sailboat Training – Discover Boating puts visitors at the helm with two- and three-hour hands-on skills-building clinics aboard a variety of sailboats, including an exclusive presentation, Introduction to Cruising Catamarans (presented by the American Sailing Association). Due to popularity, advance registration is encouraged.
• Dozens of sailing seminars for new sailors and experienced skippers
• Not ready for the water? Sail away on the Sailing Simulator.
• Annual Cruisers’ Party – all sailors are invited!
Miami Beach Convention Center (see times below)
1901 Convention Center Drive, Miami Beach
• Board and buy boats for every activity and budget, from personal watercraft to luxury cruisers, marine engines, electronics and accessories, travel destinations, nautical gifts and apparel, services and more.
• Fred’s Shed Interactive Learning Center— a must for do-it-yourselfers and boat owners featuring entertaining workshops conducted by 'The Boating Guy' and certified marine service technician 'Fred, The Outboard Doctor,' a cutaway boat and motor.
• 10th anniversary of the Big Game Room – celebrate the world of sport fishing at the Big Game Room with daily seminars, dozens of sport fishing accessories and apparel for sale, angling activities and celebrity appearances from National Geographic’s Shark Men Chris Fischer and Brett McBride.
When: Thursday, Feb. 14 through Monday, Feb. 18, 2013
Thursday, Feb. 14 (Premier Day): 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 15 through Sunday, Feb. 17: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Monday, Feb. 18: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Tickets: Premier Day (Feb. 14): $35
Adults (16 and older): $20
Five-day adult pass (Good all five days of the show): $85
Two-day adult pass (valid Feb. 14-18): $35
Youth 15 and under get in FREE (must be accompanied by an adult)
One ticket good for all sites (including free access to shuttle bus & water taxi)
Advance tickets can be purchased at MiamiBoatShow.com or StrictlySailMiami.com.
Web: Visitors can now pre-shop the show online at MiamiBoatShow.com or StrictlySailMiami.com; get up-to-the-minute news at www.twitter.com/MiamiBoatShow; and Facebook
by c3 Communications Inc
Click on the FB Like link to post this story to your FB wall
10:57 AM Tue 12 Feb 2013GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.