Print Page | Close Window

which glue, what patch?

Printed From: Yachts and Yachting Online
Category: General
Forum Name: Repair & maintenance
Forum Discription: Questions & tips on the subject
Printed Date: 15 Aug 22 at 3:42pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.665y -

Topic: which glue, what patch?
Posted By: winging it
Subject: which glue, what patch?
Date Posted: 06 Feb 13 at 8:37am
Nothing to do with sailing boats, but I know there's a lot of glue type expertise on here.  What would you recommend for the repair of an inflatable airboard:

it is built to a white-water raft grade, and is made of urethane-coated, rip-stop nylon core materials and RF welds…with PVC on the base.

Apparently the boards have a few centimetre long slits in them.  They belong to the Girl Guide centre in Switzerland and I'm hoping to take some repair kit out there as in Swiss Francs it will cost a fortune.

Any advice?

the same, but different...

Posted By: Oatsandbeans
Date Posted: 06 Feb 13 at 1:55pm
I would go for the Hypabond - it is a 2 component PU that LDC sell. They sell it for slot gasket repair and it does an excellent job on that. As it has measured part A and B you should use it in one go as metering out the 2 components is a bit difficult. (A 2 part system is normally better than a single part glue as the cure through is much faster and more complete)

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.665y -
Copyright ©2001-2010 Web Wiz -