FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Greece vs Croatia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
SeaPower View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SeaPower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 20 at 3:36pm
I've been on several sailing tours in Croatia for the last 6 years. I agree with what some of the comments here about the infinite corruption and arbitrariness but there are so many positive things that you just have to forgot about all the negative ones.

We rented a villa in Istria from villsy (here is the link if you'd like to check it out -villsy.com - Very nice people) and went straight to Dubrovnik. That was like one of the best experiences.

My wife wants to go to Greece this year and I'd like to get back to Istria or visit Dalmatia, but you know the women...we are going to Greece.
barco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote barco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 20 at 10:54am
Turkey is incredibly beautiful! And on top of that it is super cheap. Last year we were there for a fortnight (also travelling in the country) and we loved it so much. I really recommend traveling this beautiful country! Also the locals were extremely nice. Food was also quite good. It is also so much cheaper than Croatia or Greece. Unfortunately, due to the current Covid19 situation it will not be possible to travel to Turkey without problems - or return home without problems. Without a test result this will hardly be possible. Hopefully next year it’s possible to go there without troubles! If I had to choose between Greece and Croatia, I would choose Croatia. But Greece is also very nice (unfortunately I don’t know a lot of it!)
julienwsm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote julienwsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 20 at 9:07am
For Greece I would also recommend the Ionan Islands. It's very beautiful, nice for families but also for like less experienced groups. If you are more experienced in sailing you will probably also enjoy the areas around the Saronic Gulf and the Peloponnese coast. But you should definitely try out Greece! Lovely experience. 
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
barco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote barco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 20 at 12:00pm
A friend also told me about the Ionian Sea! Although the winds there have not been quite so predictable in recent years, he thinks that it is an ideal spot for beginners. But he would rather start from Levkas, there is a big marina with well-known charter companies…I still gotta try this out ;-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12