FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How can this be fair race management?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
furtive View Drop Down
Posting king
Posting king

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote furtive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 15 at 11:07am
Originally posted by iGRF

2 Wins out of three no matter what the score, is the only fair solution if you want to reward consistency and not lucky flier flukes.

That was the whole purpose of the old short series system. (I should qualify that, by saying that three race events all should count and discards should not be entertained until race four)

Another reason for me to stick to one race events, those results would have me spitting nails.

So what would you suggest when you have three boats, each having beaten one of the others in two out of three races (ABC, BCA, CAB)? Current rules deal with this, would you have all three winning?

iGRF View Drop Down
Really should get out more

Post Options Post Options   Quote iGRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 15 at 11:24am
Yes. if such a scenario occurred i.e. they all got 123 then it's a tie for 1st place.
Andymac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Andymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 15 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by iGRF

Yes. if such a scenario occurred i.e. they all got 123 then it's a tie for 1st place.

"No matter what the score..."

But what if they didn't each score 'i.e. 123'?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123