Coastalwatch is Australia’s premier coastal resource site. Coastalwatch has teamed up with Sunglasses manufacturer Revo, to create a comprehensive new boating, fishing and weather app for the New South Wales coast.
'Coastalcams - Costalwatch iPhone App'
Kim Sundell, Coastalwatch CEO explains, 'All fishos and boaties know the importance of weather and water conditions. This easy to use app features a powerful set of tools including wind alerts, coastal webcams, weather warnings and swell forecasts to keep you informed of the latest conditions.'
'With 28 locations from Duranbah to Gabo Island just over the Victorian border, current weather conditions and live webcam vision of your mooring or boatramp is only ever an iphone away'.
The app provides real-time, forecast and archived weather conditions including:
• Coastal webcams showing water conditions and harbour breakwaters
• Wind alerts – unlimited live 24hrs a day
• Live wind conditions including gusts
• Daily marine reports
• Severe weather warnings from the Australian Bureau of Meteorology
• Tide times, heights and moon phases and daylight hours
• GPS Map finder and 'Near Me' location finder to gain the most relevant information
• Latest satellite, radar and synoptic charts
• Save your favourite locations
• Set up alerts to notify you when conditions are right for you
You can download the application from the itunes app store for just $1.99.
Favorite locations - Costalwatch iPhone App -
Wind alerts - Costalwatch iPhone App -
Wind directions - Costalwatch iPhone App -
by Martin Pascoe
Click on the FB Like link to post this story to your FB wall
7:42 AM Wed 11 Apr 2012GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.