UAE Wooden Powerboat Championship 2011-12 fifth and final race was held at the Dubai International Marine Club on Thursday 5 April. Extreme Marine picked up the top two spots in the overall standings.
Salim Fadhel Al Hamli and Ahmed Mohammed Hassan Al Suwaidi surrendered their top spot for the first time this season to end second in the race, but the 300 points the Extreme Marine boat earned was enough to hand them the overall honours with 1900 points at the end of the season.
Coming in second overall was the second Extreme Marine boat with Khamis Al Qubaisi and Khalfan Suhail Khalfan aboard to end the season with 1425 points, way ahead of Raheeb 2 helmed by Abdul Latif Al and Adel Zeid Al Misfer in third overall with 915 points.
However, upsetting the form on the day was Marine with Mohammed Suhail Al Muhairi and Ahmed Suhail Khalfan Al Muhairi as they won the fifth and final heat ahead of Extreme Marine’s Al Hamli and Al Suwaidi, who had won all four races held so far.
The 400 points earned by Delma Marine was enough to help them finish the season in fifth overall following a slow start during the earlier races in which their best showing was a fourth place in the fourth heat held last month.
Ali Nasser Bin Hebala, Vice President, Board of Directors, DIMC was the chief guest and presented the trophies to the top three finishers along with DIMC board members Ali Bin Ghulaitha, Mohammed Hareb, Mohammed Al Ayali and Huraiz Bin Huraiz.
Results at the end of the fifth and final heat:
1. Delma Marine
2. Extreme Marine
4. Delma Marine
Overall Standings at the end of the fifth and final :
1. Extreme Marine: Salim Fadhel Al Hamli and Ahmed Mohammed Hassan Al Suwaidi - 1,900pts
2. Extreme Marine: Khamis Al Qubaisi and Suhail Khalfan - 1,425
3. Raheeb 2: Abdul Latif Al Omani and Adel Zeid Al Misfer – 915
4. Abu Dhabi Racing Team: Saeed Obaid Khalifa Al Muhairi and Eisa Mohammed Al Ali – 841
5. Delma Marine: Mohammed Suhail Khalfan Al Muhairi and Ahmed Suhail Khalfan Al Muhairi – 604
6. Raheeb 1: Jasem Hamad Al Dakheel and Abdul Aziz Khalid Al Sulaiman – 397
7. Lawah: Ahmed Mohammed Rashid Al Muhairi and Ahmed Khalifa Al Suwaidi – 349
8. Delma Marine: Khalifa Humaid Bin Thaiban and Ahmed Humaid Bin Thaiban – 328
9. Al Malek: Amir Ahmed Al Sabouri and Ali Ahmed Al Sabouri – 249
10. Al Noubi Racing: Abdullah Al Noubi Yousuf and Humaid Juma Al Noubi - 215
Click on the FB Like link to post this story to your FB wall
1:17 PM Fri 6 Apr 2012GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.