The Haines Group has announced the launch of the all new Signature 502RF.
by Martin Beeson
There has been a lot of talk on the forums and in the media about some boats being ‘fishing weapons’ ‘fishing machines’ and others being ‘too pretty to fish out of’ or a ‘compromise’. With our boats regularly winning the accolades of fishing boat of the year (www.signatureboats.com
) This has never really been the case, but in case you were ever in doubt about the credentials of fibreglass trailer boats you don’t have to look far to see some fine examples of fishing platforms (in a perhaps more refined and comfortable but equally effective guise).
The latest model from The Haines Group is the Signature 502RF. This is a purpose built fishing boat which is equally as happy jigging for AJ’s at the FAD’s west of Rottnest Island in WA as it is pulling in trout off Townsville QLD or settling in to a blustery evening in Port Phillip Bay VIC. This is a true Australian fishing boat.
NOTE: The boat is fresh off the production line and we only took the accompanying photo today during her maiden voyage for prop testing, we are going fishing soon!
The RF series has been popular for many years due to it’s prime fishing focus with extra workspace in the deck area and a space (where the cabin would be) which is filled with storage compartments and a walk through to the bow and anchor. The RF also features a higher set windscreen to give that extra protection from the elements.
There has been a 500RF in the Signature range previously but the 502RF is a totally redesigned boat below, above and inside the gunwhale. The 502RF has all the Signature hallmarks with everything being perfectly positioned and there being a place for all your gear so you are not tripping over it. Not only that but you can get to your fishing spot quickly and without thinking you have just done three rounds in the ring with the world champ thanks to the smooth and comfortable patented SVDH (Signature Variable Deadrise Hull).
The 502RF it has the following stand out features:
- 25inch transom.
- A Walk through transom with transom door (or fish landing gate!).
- At approx 1120kgs towing weight this boat does not need a 4x4.
- A modern dash to suit up to 12' screen electronics.
- Fitted Tallon receivers to suit Tallon accessories.
- A 12 volt power plug.
- Battery isolation switch.
- An auto bilge pump as standard.
- Foam filled.
- A high freeboard for safety.
- 100 litre fuel tank.
- There are large volume stowage areas in the bow.
- There are toe holds under the side boxes for that extra security when bringing fish over the side or comfort while holding a rod.
- The helm is in a perfect position for either stand up or sit down driving positions.
- Carling switches as standard.
- Deck support – King Starboard.
- A concealed anchor winch space (winch is optional).
- A dedicated stereo space on dash (stereo optional).
- A fold down lounge (optional).
- Transom step with recessed ladder (optional).
As with all Signatures you will only feel the real benefits when you have been out on the water in one and when you have owned one and realise how good the quality is and therefore the resale value.
With a Signature you also get a genuine 10+2 year warranty (10 year structural, 2 year parts) where you don’t need to be super paranoid about the fine print or whether the company will still be in business in a few years.
The Signature 502RF has already gone in to production with our dedicated team of Australian boat builders at our south east Queensland factory and is available to order from your local Signature dealer. Find them at www.thehainesgroup.com
and while you are there have a look at our video tour of the factory.
Click on the FB Like link to post this story to your FB wall
5:26 AM Tue 8 Feb 2011 GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.