Marine Queensland has formed a retailer steering committee to develop and implement an accreditation program for the Retailers Division of Marine Queensland.
by Jeni Bone
The steering committee, which consists of a number of industry retailers, will review the operation of the Marine Queensland Accreditation Program as it currently applies to other Divisions of the Association.
The initial meeting of the committee, held on 18 June at the Marine Queensland head quarters, got off to a successful start with attending retail representatives keen to get the program implemented. The review process is now underway and the committee will meet regularly to manage the development of procedures and protocols.
The retailer accreditation program aims to:
• Give the consumer increased confidence;
• Raise standards within the industry;
• Add value to your business as the barriers to entry into the market are increased;
• Increase the confidence of government – industry regulation versus statutory regulation.
• Entitle successful applicants to display the “Marine Queensland Accredited” logo.
More at www.marineqld.com.au
Click on the FB Like link to post this story to your FB wall
11:52 PM Sun 29 Jun 2008 GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.